Create a YouTube Presentation
Whether you are a virtual or in-person presenter at this Conference, we encourage you to present on the Conference YouTube Channel. Here are two suggestions:
|1.||Record a video of your presentation before or after the Conference, or ask a colleague to record a video of your presentation at the Conference, then submit it to our YouTube channel.|
|2.||Create a PowerPoint presentation with voice-over before or after the Conference, or record the audio of your presentation at the Conference, then link this to your PowerPoint presentation.|
These presentation recordings will be published to YouTube with links to your Session Description on the Conference website.
How to Submit Your Video or PowerPoint Presentation
|1.||Click the YouTube icon located in the top right corner of the page. This will take you to the Community Video’s Conference Page.|
|2.||Click on the link to begin the process of uploading your video to the community playlist.|
|3.||Fill-in the requested information and click submit. *Note you will need your Registration ID that you received when you registered and paid for the conference.*|
|4.||Once your registration has been verified, you will receive an email with a link to upload your presentation to the conference’s YouTube channel.|
|5.||When your upload is complete the screen will say “Video Successfully Uploaded”.|
|6.||Your video will be reviewed by Common Ground Publishing and made public. In addition you will receive an email from Common Ground Staff informing you of your video’s successful upload.|
|7.||Please check the size and length of your file. YouTube will not accept a file over the size of 2 GB and a video over the length of 15 minutes.|
- 1. Saving your video
- 1.1. Open your video in your editing program (iMovie, AVID, Final Cut Pro, Windows Movie Maker or another editing program).
- 1.2. Check the length of your video before saving it (it must be under 10 minutes).
- 1.3. Go to File > Save
- 1.3 Save your file as either an MOV (QuickTime), WMV (Windows), AVI, or .MPG
- 1.4. Save it to your video folder or desktop.
- 1.5. Check your video file by going to the file location double click on the video. It will default to open in QuickTime or Windows Media Player. If you do not have either of these programs, it will open in your video viewing software.
- 1.6. Watch video and check the content.
Helpful Hints: Submitting a Video of Your Presentation
- 1. Adding audio to your PowerPoint presentation
- 1.1. Use your audio recording device and upload your recorded voice (music, etc.) to your computer.
- 1.2. Open your PowerPoint presentation
- 1.3. Click Insert > Movies and Sounds > Sound from File
- 1.4. This will open a window which allows you to choose your recorded audio (which you have previously downloaded). Click Insert.
- 1.5. A new window will open that asks you “Do you want your sound to play automatically?” Depending on how you would be saving or presenting your PowerPoint presentation, click accordingly. The default is “Yes”.
- 2. Saving your PowerPoint presentation as an MOV (QuickTime), WMV (Windows), AVI, or .MPG File
- 2.1. Open your PowerPoint presentation.
- 2.2. Click File > Make Movie
- 2.3. This will open a window asking you to choose the location where you would like to save your video. Default is the desktop.
- 2.4. Check the video by going to the location where you saved the new file and double click on the video. It will default to open in QuickTime or Windows Media Player. If you do not have either of these it will open in your video viewing software.
- 2.5. Watch video and check the content.
Helpful Hints: Submitting a PowerPoint Presentation with Voice-Over
For further questions please see the YouTube Help Center at:
For other questions please email us at: